The CA3140A and CA3140 are integrated circuit operational amplifiers that combine the benefits of a high-voltage PMOS transistor and a high-voltage bipolar transistor on a single chip. They are suitable for supply voltages up to 36V (±18V). The CA3140A and CA3140 BiMOS operational amplifiers employ gate protected MOSFET (PMOS) transistors in their input circuits to provide very high input impedance, very low input current and high speed performance.
The CA3140A and CA3140 operate at 4V to 36V supply voltage (single or double supply). These operational amps phase compensate internally for stable operation of unity-gain follower operations, in addition to having access terminals to supplement external capacitors if additional frequency roll is required. Terminals are also provided for applications that require input bias voltage cavitation.
The use of PMOS field effect transistors at the input stage causes the common-mode input voltage capability to drop to 0.5V below the negative power terminal, an important attribute for single-power applications. The output stage uses a bipolar transistor and includes built-in protection against damage caused by short circuiting the load terminal to the supply rail or grounding.
● MOSFET Input Stage
- Very High Input Impedance (ZIN) - 1.5 TΩ (Typ)
- Very Low Input Current (Il) - 10 pa (Typ) at ±15 v
- Wide Common Mode Input Voltage Range (VlCR) - Can be Swung 0.5V Below Negative Supply Voltage Rail
- Output Swing Complements Input Common Mode Range
● Directly Replaces Industry Type 741 in Most Applications
● Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
● Ground-Referenced Single Supply Amplifiers in
● Automobile and Portable Instrumentation
● Sample and Hold Amplifiers
● Long Duration Timers/Multivibrators
● Photocurrent Instrumentation
● Peak Detectors
● Active Filters
● Interface in 5V TTL Systems and Other Low Supply Voltage Systems
● All Standard Operational Amplifier Applications
● Function Generators
● Tone Controls
● Power Supplies
● Portable Instruments
● Intrusion Alarm Systems